Saturday, November 10, 2007

Engagement Sessions in San Francisco

I ran into the City last weekend to help my friend Nathan, with a couple of engagement sessions. The weather couldn't have been better and we all had a terrific time.

We started at the Palace of Fine Arts with Karen & Jesse. Don't they look sweet?

Of course, I had to:


We also ran across the street to the beach by Crissy Field. I love this image with the bridge in the background. We were photographing on the top of a little sand dune to avoid having the huge crowd of people who were out enjoying the day in our shots.

Yeah, I had to do this too even though Nathan is going to kill me! hee, hee. Apparently you need a permit to do professional photography there so Nathan is getting a ticket. Of course, the benefit of being the lowly "assistant" is that the ranger never even talked to me even though I was hauling a camera, hip bag, and my flash on a stick. To all my photo buddies, this is truly 'shooting from the hip' (pretty good, huh?) as I didn't want to press my luck by documenting this event and getting caught doing it.

Karen and Jesse were such good sports. They got a laugh out of it as well. Welcome to California guys!

After all the excitement Nathan and I went back to the Palace to meet up with Jill and Lee. I love it when the sun goes down between the columns in the gazebo.

On to Baker Beach where Lee got a little wet. I love the expression on his face.

A different take on the ring shot.


We ended the evening with dinner at Bubba Gump's at Pier 39 with a ride on the carousel afterwards. Nathan has those photos so hopefully he'll post them up soon on his blog.

Happy wedding planning to you all!

3 comments:

  1. Wow great shots, sucks for Nathan.
    Ummm. how much was the ticket? Let's talk about this next week.

    Love the shots, the couples look so happy, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite is the "shooting from the hip" one. hahah too funny..you know if it was the other way around Rose might have got out of it ;)

    kudos for assistants!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouch! getting a ticket sucks! great shot from the hip though... truly a photographer to get a shot like that. i too would like to know how much the ticket was.

    //ed

    ReplyDelete